Alex's Wedding Quilt



So we came back from a little trip to Kansas City last week and in the mail was a wedding invitation for Alex, one of the kids I used to babysit. (Yay for weddings!) The kids I babysat were like my second family while I was a teenager--I was with them most days after school and every weekend for years. I would even drive home on the weekends from college to sit for them. The kids and I had so much fun, and their mom even set me up with my husband. Anyway, I told their mom to let me know a little in advance when the kids were getting married so I could make them all quilts, but I'm guessing she forgot! The wedding is this weekend in Utah, so I won't be able to go, but I am patting myself on the back right now because I just put the quilt in the mail. There is nothing I love more than a deadline to help me finish a quilt fast!



Luckily I picked up a little fabric when I was down in Kansas City, and when I bought it, I didn't really know what I was going to do with it-well wouldn't ya know, it was the same colors as the wedding invitation. I know it's a little silly, but whenever I don't know what colors the bride and groom will like, I just copy the colors from their invite--I figure they must like them if they are on the invitation! So I did have to pick up a few more fabrics in town, and then order a little more online--otherwise this quilt really could have been done in one or two days. Most of the fabric is Meadowsweet by Sandi Henderson and The pattern is from the lap size layout library in EQ6 and I just rearranged the fabrics in the program until I liked them. And I did a swirly pantograph for the quilting...SO fast and easy!