Dear Loyal Readers


Or should I say loyal quilting buddies? ;) I'm going to stray from my usual blogging format today because I have a fun announcement! I meant to do this sooner (like yesterday...I was going to April fool everyone that I had decided to quit quilting...hahaha) but sadly it didn't happen. So first of all, I am happy to report that the Radiant Orchid Quilt won 2nd place in the Mini category AND Viewers Choice Award in the Pantone Quilt Challenge! Yay!! So exciting!


In other news, I have finally decided that Quilt Design and I were meant to be together. There isn't going to be a wedding or anything (I'm already married!) but I thought everyone should know that I've decided to take our relationship to the next level by selling some of my patterns! Frankly, I have been resistant to being in the pattern making business, mostly because I didn't want the pressure of having to market patterns and get them printed and ship them, and talk about it all the time on my blog. I didn't want to be disappointed if nobody wanted to buy them. I didn't want it to become my whole life. So I didn't do it.


But then, in January, I discovered Craftsy! I promise I do not live in a cave...I don't know why I didn't find it sooner. :) I had actually seen ads for it here and there online, but I thought they just had online classes. Then, I bought the pattern for my daughters birthday dress on Craftsy and I went, "Wait a minute! PDF download only? Perfect!" And a couple months later, here we are. I have myself a sweet little Craftsy shop with one pattern in it (well actually 3--but two of them are free) and I have all the benefits of being in business and none of the stress of actually being in business! It's really kind of fun! And you know who is the most excited? My husband. That's right...he is thrilled at the possibility of me subsidizing my quilting habit and therefore NOT spending the family fortune on fabric every month. :) 



So...there you have it! :) Also, just a heads up--there are going to be some changes to the free pattern page. I'm just letting you know so if there is anything on it that you would like but have not yet downloaded, do it now!


Also, If you have suggestions, requests or would like to possibly test a pattern for me, please let me know!!


Ok, back to quilting! ;)